Monday, March 5, 2012

The Importance of Engagement Rings

I'm not a jewelry man, but if I buy it, I better like it. My wife loves gold and diamonds like most women in the world. I am more partial to titanium rings. I prefer rings that look manly. I also have a problem wearing gold rings. The gold reacts to my skin and my fingers start to itch. Eventually I have to take off a gold ring and drop it in a jar for safe keeping.

Okay, so I took off my wedding ring and my wife got grumpy. I told her I was allergic to the gold and not her. She made me go to the jeweler with her to find something I could wear. I looked at the tungsten rings and tried them on. They felt fine, but remember I am partial to the titanium rings.

I finally found a titanium ring I liked and my wife actually bought it for me. I guess it was because I bought her a $3500 engagement ring and she wanted me to also wear something nice. I still wear the ring and it doesn't bother me like the gold ring did. The gold ring is still in the jar because I don't feel right selling it because it was my original engagement ring. Maybe it will be passed down to my son someday if he decides to marry. Who knows what the future may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment