Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bamboo Is Used For A Lot Of Cool Things In The Philippines

I love the Philippines. I met my wife in Cebu and we eventually built a house for her family. Cebu is hot, tropical and the people are mostly poor. To me it looks like a poor man's Hawaii. There is so much beautiful scenery in the Philippines including the ocean, mountains and volcanoes. What is really cool in the Philippines is how they make use of bamboo and other natural products to make their lives better.

My wife's family built a bamboo fence around our house to keep out the animals and other people who don't belong. The bamboo fencing really improves the quality and looks of our house and yard. It is very sturdy has a fancy, but natural look to it.

Putting up the bamboo poles was a lot of work, but Filipinos are used to hard work. Their effort was worth it because the final product was a masterpiece. It looked so nice that we decided to put bamboo furniture in the house and it looks great. The Philippines is a fun place to visit and over the years has found a place in my heart. If you ever get the chance to go there, check it out and have the time of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment