Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The many hats I wear at work

Dog And Cat Royalty Free Stock Photo - Image: 15513245
Not only do I cook for patients at the hospital,I also cook for our cafeteria which can be very, very busy because we are feeding almost 300 patients,  and that means nurses,doctors,care techs,housekeeping,visitors to feed and the list goes on.We also send food to a homeless shelter in Pinellas County Florida.Today we were preparing hamburgers,baked beans,and dessert.Although that means more work for at least 3 cooks we gladly take on the work load because it is rewarding to help out those who may have fallen on hard times either due to financial reasons or physical or mental issues.I feel fortunate to have the chance to make other people,whom I have never met,a little more uplifted in knowing that no matter what happens in life there is always and I repeat always someone who cares for  you!!!
posted by Kurt Borkowski

No comments:

Post a Comment