Monday, May 7, 2012

Dealing With Anxiety While Flying

Couldn't sleep last night because I had to fly and I hate flying. I am actually afraid of heights and I get anxiety at the worst times. Had to get up at 6 AM and didn't fall asleep until after 4 AM. What a way to start a vacation. I wasn't ready for the day and I dreaded stepping on to the plane.

Our trip is to Pulaski, NY which is about forty minutes from Syracuse. We flew United Airlines to Washington DC and flew from DC to Syracuse. It took five hours and seemed longer dealing with my anxiety. The first plane ride was horrible because I was anxious and scared. I fell asleep and had dreams about the plane crashing and/or falling apart. I was glad when we reached DC.

The second plane ride was better. I slept through it and did not have to deal with anxiety. When we reached Syracuse, I was exhausted, but I made it. I still hate flying, but I am hoping the ride home is much better with less anxiety.

I was curious if anybody else went through a day like this or had anxiety about a plane ride. I'm glad this doesn't always happen, but when it comes down too it, I still hate flying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment