Monday, May 14, 2012

The Tree I Climbed As A Little Boy


This is the tree I climbed as a little boy. It is located in Altmar, NY. I was about ten when I began climbing this tree. My grandmother's house is gone, burned down a few years ago. The tree still stands, but it is getting old just like the little boy that used to climb it.

I am now a middle-aged man standing in front of the tree I climbed as a little boy. I can no longer climb the tree because I am getting older and the trees limbs are getting brittle.


This is the land where my grandmom's house used to stand. The house was built in the 1880's, we lived in it for years. We remodeled the house and found newspapers from World War II used as insulation in the walls. Sadly, my grandmother died in 1996-sadly, the house burned down about ten years later. This is now an empty lot. It looks so small and empty all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment