Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Importance of Continuing Your Education In Today's Society

I would love to go back to college and finish my degree. It is hard because I spent the past eight years of my life as a stay at home father who works full-time at night. If you are a parent, you realize this leaves little time for a college education. Our children are important and they take up much of our time. This is the life of a stay at home father.

I am one of those people who quit college when I was nearly through. I collected 114 hours out of the 125 hours I needed for my bachelors degree when I quit. I quit because I had worked full-time and went to college full-time for five years. I was burned out, young and tired of school. This is one of those decisions I wish I could take back, but I cannot. Sometimes we make decisions we have to deal with for the rest of our lives, this is one of them.

Since then, I have taken three college classes, but have not finished off my degree. This is still my goal and I will accomplish it even if it takes the rest of my life. I live in Florida now and I have become interested in graphic design courses in miami or continuing my education here in Tampa. I haven't decided which, but the decision is still being weighed in my mind.

In today's economy education is very important. There aren't enough jobs to go around and a college education gives you a fighting chance to compete for the job you want. Educated people have a much better chance to get a good job in a tough economy than those who gave up on college. This is one of the reasons I will finish my college degree in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment