Thursday, February 16, 2012

What's Better Than A Trellis Filled With Beautiful Roses

Florida is a great place to build a garden. I love roses because they look great and smell beautiful. The aroma of roses reminds me of my late mother because they were her favorite flowers. She would love to go out to the garden and watch the rose bushes as they grew up the trellis. She would pick some of the roses and bring them into the house. I still remember the smell.

I love to go outside and look at our garden trellis when it is filled with beautiful roses. To me they are the most beautiful flowers in the world. I remember one time as a little boy I went into the neighbors garden and picked all of their roses so I could give them to my mother. She smiled, but told me it was wrong to steal roses from the neighbors. I broke one of their trellises and we had to pay for it. I guess it is the thought that counts.

Valentine's Day is one of the most popular days to give roses to your wife or girlfriend. I love roses each and every day because they remind me of the times when my mother would smile the most. I will always remember how roses made my mother happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment