Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Funny Story About Plumbing Problems

I lived in a log home in Indiana about ten years ago. My wife moved here from the Philippines, we were married and moved in together. The log home was a nice place with four acres of land and a beautiful scenic view. The first couple of months were fine and then the fun began.

The plumbing problems started in the dead of night. The first thing that happened was the toilet wouldn't flush. I had to use a plunger to get the toilet to flush, but this only worked the first few times. After the first week, things got worse and worse. One day I was taking a shower and raw sewage began to seep out of all of the drains and even the tub drain.

I knew my plumbing was shot and I had to do something fast. I called a friend who knew a reliable plumber. He came out to our house and fixed the problems. Our whole system was stuffed up and some of the pipes had burst. Our house was a mess and we were stressed out. Not a good way to begin your marriage.

Finally, we thought the problems were over. We were in for a surprise. Our plumbing worked great, but something else made it into our house during the disaster. One day I went to visit my friend and we took a drive. My wife called me with a strange story. She saw a huge snake in the stove. I thought she was joking.

I left what I was doing and rushed home. Sure enough, a snake had made it into our stove. He was large and had wound himself into the the stove. I had no plans to stick my hands in the stove to remove the snake. I decided to end this mess right now. I disconnected the stove, opened the back door and pushed the stove out. I bought a new stove and brought the old one to the dump once the occupant left for a better place to live. I learned a lesson from this disaster, fix your plumbing problems correctly before they get out of hand.

Disclaimer:
I am participating in a blogger campaign for Bucks2Blog about plumbing and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment