Monday, December 9, 2013

Love The CVS MinuteClinic Because It Saves Time

Mom Central Consulting #MC  gave me the chance to check out my local CVS MinuteClinic and it worked out perfectly for us.  
Our little ones have such a knack for catching germs, especially with cold, cough and flu season gearing up. With busy holiday schedules and limited hours, it proves difficult to get them into the pediatrician. Oftentimes we know we just need a quick medical consult to diagnose or confirm a common sickness.  Instead of juggling appointments and spending time in waiting rooms, MinuteClinic provides convenient, high-quality healthcare right at your local CVS.

MinuteClinic makes healthcare easier for families balancing hectic schedules. Open seven days a week with convenient weekend and evening hours, the team of nurse practitioners and physician assistants can help with a myriad of preventative and wellness care. For instance, they can:

  • Diagnose, treat and/or write prescriptions for common illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye and infections of the ears, nose and throat
  • Provide common vaccinations such as flu, pneumonia, pertussis, and hepatitis
  • Treat skin conditions such as acne and poison ivy
  • Provide a wide range of wellness services, including customized weight loss and smoking cessation programs as well as sports and camp physicals
No need to make an appointment either, just stop in!

I have a seven year old daughter and a nine year old son. We all needed flu shots and my kids are afraid of needles. My wife got her flu shot at work, but we had to find a place to go to get ours. I checked with the local CVS. I told them my concerns about my kids. They told me they had a MinuteClinic where they would take care of all three of us. It was funny when we went in. My children were fighting who would get the needle first. i made a deal with the people at CVS. They agreed to give all three of us flu shots at the exact same time.

Now if you have every been to the CVS pharmacy, you know how busy they can get. It only took a few minutes of their time, but they made our flu shots so much easier. There was no screaming, no crying and very little pain from the needle. You have to check out the MinuteClinic out at CVS, they really know what they are doing.

A month later, I went into the same CVS. I had just had two operations and my blood count was low. The doctor wanted me to get multivitamins with iron to help push the levels up. I was tired, in pain and had a time trying to find the right vitamins. I found one of the same people who helped me in the MinuteClinic, they remembered me and helped me find the vitamins. These people are great and they give that extra effort needed to make your day better.

  • The MinuteClinic is a walk-in clinic located in selected CVS/pharmacy stores in 28 states and DC. They are open 7 days a week with evening hours and you don’t need to make an appointment! Sometimes it is hard to get into our Doctor's office at the last minute and the MinuteClinic makes it very convenient for us. I wish our MinuteClinic was at our local CVS, but it is still only a few miles away, which makes it worth it for us.


I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for CVS MinuteClinic. I received promotional items as a thank you for participating

No comments:

Post a Comment