Thursday, December 5, 2013

I thought It was over

I had a partial nephrectomy on my right kidney. The Dr. cut five percent of my kidney out because he found a lesion through multiple tests. I was sent home after three days and seemed to be doing pretty well. Three days later, I had sudden horrible pain in my back and side. My wife called the doctor, who told me to double up on my pain meds. He believed I would be better within an hour. I took the medicine, but things did not improve. My pain grew worse over the next thirty-minutes. I asked my wife to call 911.

Firemen showed up within ten minutes. They checked me out, I was in extreme pain and was sweating profusely. The guy in charge called in for an ambulance. He told the other people on the end of the line, I needed an ambulance immediately. I lied there, thinking I was going to die, unable to move an inch. The man in charge kept calling the dispatch and telling them the seriousness of the situation. He told me I was going to be okay. I am not too sure he actually believed what he said.

The ambulance finally arrived, they could not get the bed into the house. The firemen helped me to the door and lifted me into the bed. The pain was unbearable. I was put into the ambulance and we took off to the hospital. I began to pray to God for help. All I said was God please help me over and over again,. It seemed to relax me just enough to stand the pain. I heard the driver tell the guy in the back of the ambulance with me that the Crosstown Expressway was closed and we had to take a detour. It seemed to take forever to make it to the hospital, but we finally arrived. I was moved into a room and left by myself.

A nurse came into the room. She checked my vitals, which were not good. I begged her to help me and take away the pain. She told me she had ordered pain meds for me and they would be there soon. I asked her if I was going to die. She told me she heard that question many times and she could not give me a straight answer because they still had to find out what was wrong. She also told me they would do everything they could for me. I continued to pray to God to help me. Help was right around the corner..... Still, I thought it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment