Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wine Club from Uncorked Ventures Review



  • So everybody knows, this is how my reviews work. I will copy information about the product from Amazon or their own website, so you get the information from the companies own mouth about the product I will add a picture, then I will give you an opinion about the product in my own words. I think it is important to have the information from the company and an unbiased opinion, so you know the most about each particular product.
received two bottles of red wine from Uncorked Ventures. Both were red wines because I requested red wine. I am not a huge wine drinker, but I do drink red wine for health. My wife loves the sweet wines. I do like the sweet taste too, but I enjoy other red wines. 

The first wine I tried was a 2011 GSM. 

Here is information from the Fore Family Vineyards.The wine is a little less dense and brooding than previous vintages with heightened liveliness and vibrancy. Still dark ruby and youthful, anise, smoked ham, black cherry and rose petal aromas draw you in. Flavors reflect the nose, 30% Grenache and 10% Mouvedre, all from our vineyard on Cobb. My wife said the wine was very strong. To me, the wine was full-flavored and you could tell it was a very good wine. I would say, she meant strong because the wine was stronger than the wines she was used to. The price of this wine if you happened to buy it costs $32. 

The second wine I tried was called 2011 Red4 By Vina Robles. Here is there own description of this wine.

Description

The Power of 4 – this Paso blend is more delicious than the sum of its parts. It combines grape varieties mainly from our prestigious Huerhuero Vineyard, located in the rolling hills of Paso Robles. Here, warm afternoons and cool evening breezes guide the grapes to perfect ripeness. The grapes were picked at cooler morning temperatures and cold soaked for two days prior to fermentation. Both punch-down and pump-over techniques were implemented during fermentation to enhance fruit extraction and balance out the tannin structure. The wine was then aged in both small and large format French, Eastern European and American oak barrels for 16 months in order to add complexity while enhancing a soft, velvety finish. Vina Robles’ RED4 blend showcases the spice and cherry qualities of Syrah, the structure of Petite Sirah, the forward fruit of Grenache, and the rustic character of Mourvedre. This intriguing, youthful wine is your perfect dinner companion.
Enjoy now through 2016.

Tasting Notes

  • Color: Dark ruby red
  • Aroma: Red cherries and plum with hints of caramel, licorice and spice
  • Taste: Medium-bodied with rich cherry and plum fruit, fleshy textures and a supple finish

Accolades

  • 88 Points - The Wine Advocate, August 29, 2014
This was my favorite of the two wines, even though you can buy this wine for $17. I am a lover of cherries and I loved the flavor of this wine. The color is deep red and the taste is full, but with a nice light taste. I would gladly buy this wine in the store myself in the future. My wife did not taste this wine, but I think she would like it. As you can see below, Uncorked Ventures provides customers with the best wines from California, Washington and Oregon. I enjoyed both wines, but my taste is closer to the second wine. 


I enjoyed trying out these wines from Uncorked Ventures. I like that they pick out wines for you and send you the best. They have wine clubs, where you can choose wines by variety and price levels. They seem to cater to those who like the better things in life. They have gift baskets which would be good for anniversaries or Christmas present.  Their shipment comes to your house and you have to sign for the wine. THE WINE IS SHIPPED SAFELY AND SECURELY.. The best thing I enjoyed about this review was being able to try wine (I never tried before) to see if I like it. This was a very enjoyable review. At the moment I write this review, I am trying The Power of 4 the second time. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment