Saturday, July 27, 2013

Groove Kid Nation "Rhythm Bears" -- Children's Music CD Review



Groove Kid Nation continues its award-winning music education series with a third release Rhythm Bears. Producer Rodney Lee once again recruits top L.A. musicians and heads deep into the woods to create a soulful folk hoedown. 

As the title suggests, Rhythm Bears is all about drawing kids into the music with rhythmic call and response games that will have them clapping, stomping, playing percussion, and vocalizing to the beat. 

In addition, a band of groovy bears open childrens’ ears to a whole new set of musical instruments including harmonica, fiddle, acoustic guitar, acoustic bass, clarinet, kalimba, ukulele, and even didgeridoo. Each song features a new instrument, and the enclosed 10-page booklet features colorful illustrations of each Rhythm Bear.



This CD is not just your ordinary, heard-it-a-thousand-times children's songs.  Each song in the Rhythm Bears gets the listener involved.  It asks them to use their mouths, feet, hands, etc. to be musical instruments.  I love watching my children get involved with the songs, it seems to really get them excited and happy!  The songs get them thinking.  They sing about things that would be a preschooler minds.  We all know how curious they are and they have a question for everything.  My kids LOVE listening to the cool songs on this CD.  The Groove Kids Nation has a very relaxing sound that will not drive parent's crazy.  It's jazzy and trendy, something you'd find playing in your corner coffeehouse. The kids love listening to the music, singing with it and laughing to it. The CD is fun and both my kids love it. Sadly for us, the radio in the car buzzed out, so we have to listen to the CD in my truck.

You want your kids to listen to different, but fun music that gets them involved, look below and connect with Groove Kid Nation on the web and on Facebook. We have listened to many annoying CD's that are not something I would want my kids to hear. This CD plays the type of music I want my kids to hear and gets them involved with music. My son is nine and he already sings in the shower.....


Connect with the Groove Kid Nation
On the Web          On Facebook

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment