Friday, July 19, 2013

Too Many Steps

You know how it was when you were a kid, you would believe anything. I had this feeling when I was a little boy. I thought when I reached a certain amount of steps, I would run out of steps. I actually believed we all have just a certain amount of steps and then you would not be able to walk anymore. I began counting each time I took a step. I would count up to a hundred and keep the hundreds by flipping another finger out. To this day, I count each step I take. It has become a habit over the years. The good thing is I am really good at math. The bad thing is I just can't seem to stop counting.

Now that i'm an adult, I realize we don't have a limited amount of steps. My doctor tells me it is actually good for us to walk as much as we can. Even as an adult, I do realize we all have a limited time in this world. This is why we need to take each day as we can and make the most out of every day. I still remember that time when I was a little boy. I was afraid of walking too much because I didn't want to take too many steps. Now I realize each step I take as an adult actually improves my health and well being.

We all have been kids and we all have had our fears. Many children have a fear of the dark and are afraid of heights. The best thing we can do is to encourage our kids to enjoy each moment of their lives and to treat everybody they meet with love. We have no power to change the moment we leave this world, but we do have the ability to live this life the best we can.......

No comments:

Post a Comment