Monday, July 15, 2013

Kidney Stones Symptoms

I have had kidney stones in the past. They are not fun. I actually had two operations and had blood in my urine for eight months. Kidney stones are very painful and very dangerous. I was told, I made it to the hospital, just in time. The nurse told me another fifteen to thirty minutes and I would likely have been dead. If you get horrible pains and you believe you have a chance to have kidney stones, be smarter than I was. Go immediately to the Emergency room and make sure they know you believe you have kidney stones. Make sure you tell them all of your symptoms, so you can get right in.

A kidney stone may not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureter -the tube connecting the kidney and bladder. At that point, these signs and symptoms may occur:
  • Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
  • Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
  • Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
  • Pain on urination
  • Pink, red or brown urine
  • Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Persistent urge to urinate
  • Urinating more often than usual
  • Fever and chills if an infection is present

No comments:

Post a Comment