Friday, June 1, 2012

Becoming A Better Father-The Evaluation

Being a father is an on the job situation. You learn from your mistakes and try to become a better father each and every day. I have been told I am a good father. I have a girl who turns six this month, a boy who is eight and a sixteen year old daughter. My sixteen year old daughter tells me I am not too good of a father. She finds everything I do wrong and has once in awhile told me she hates me. I believe this is a part of growing up and maturing.

I came up with my own list of things I need to do to become a better father to my children. Some of the things I do already, but you can always do better. Here is my list. Loving your children is a no-brainer, but it is on my list. We all love our children and if we don't, they have to deal with a lot of emotions they never should have from the start.

The List:

Enjoy every minute while the moments are still here

Pray for them every day of their lives

Listen To My Children

Get Involved with things they enjoy

Love them through all of the good times and the bad

Involve them in my hobbies if they want to be involved

PATIENCE

Spend Time Together

Watch their shows with them

Teach Them About God

Pray With Them

The list could go on and on. I do many of these things already, but I want to continue to remind myself how important I am as my children's father. I grew up in a horrible household, my father was a raging alcoholic, who did all kinds of bad things to many people. My purpose in this life is to be the best father possible. I hope you will write a list about become a better father every day of your life. Your children will love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment