Monday, June 4, 2012

Signing Time On Demand Review


 I had the opportunity to review one of Signing Time’s digital videos with their new On Demand system, I was really excited! What is cool about learning sign language is it gives you and your children the opportunity to communicate in another different way. I once had a deaf friend and videos like these could have helped me communicate better with him.Two Little Hands made the decision to distribute their videos digitally because parents are increasingly turning to digital devices to entertain and educate their children.
Signing Time On Demand
All I had to do was register and download their video player and the video I wanted. It took a few minutes to get the movie, but I also had other things running on my computer that probably slowed down the download. I opened up their BrainPlayer video player and selected the video to play. Perfect!
I chose the Sing and Sign video. It’s a collection of songs from different Signing Time videos, and it’s put together in a very user-friendly way. I can choose to play “Sing and Sign plus Learn to Sign”, “Sing and Sign Only”, “Songs”, plus “Special Features.” You can also turn closed captioning on or off.
The movie plays very smoothly since it’s not streaming from an online source, and I can download the player onto different computers or devices to watch the videos on. Also, since the videos are stored on your computer, you don’t have to be online to watch them. Signing Time On Demand claims that with the video player technology they use, even older computers will be able to run the videos smoothly.
American Sign Language is beneficial for hearing toddlers and young children because it quickens language development, increases self-esteem, and fosters a love of learning. Parenting children becomes easier when you can communicate with your child, and you don’t need to wait until your baby starts talking. Learning sign language strengthens a child’s reading, writing, spelling and speaking skills. Children who use sign language scored on average 8-12 points higher than their non-signing peers when tested after second grade.


 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment