Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gun Control Is Not The Answer

There is a lot of talk in the media about gun control right now. A few crazy people kill innocent people with guns and all gun owners are blamed for their crimes. The problem is not gun owners, the problem is society itself. Too many people have mental problems and are given little or no help. This is a problem that is tearing our society from the inside out. Most gun owners are the most responsible people you will ever meet.

I have two small children in my household. I like guns and believe they are needed for protection in our society. As a parent, I know if I own a gun, I have to be responsible or somebody innocent will get hurt. That is why I believe a parent should buy a good gun safe before they even think about gun ownership. They should also go to gun safety classes and learn how to handle guns safely. It is also a good idea to have the entire family take gun safety classes.

Our country does not need gun control. We need to pay better attention to our neighbors. Health care professionals need to take better notice of their mentally disturbed patients. If somebody threatens to kill somebody or themselves, they should be reported to the authorities. Don't blame gun owners for the individuals in our society who should never have placed their hands on a gun in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment