Monday, August 12, 2013

Raingun Summer Review





I was sent the book Raingun to review. This book is only for adults because of violence and sexual content. The book was interesting and a good read. The only thing I didn't like was the words on the page were very very small. When you are 49 it is much harder to read those tiny words. I'm not complaining, just giving you information if you are older with weaker eyes. I can read the book, but it tires my eyes after a time.

On to the story. This is information we are given about the book.
Raingun is a heroic fantasy novel. Bloggers will receive a copy of the paperback version. An exception may be made if a blogger specifically requests an electronic version when I contact them.
Rick Rivoire is flush with money, women, and prospects. He protects his country as one of the Rainguns, an elite regiment of spellcasting cavalry.

But the national policy drifts further and further into slavery and religious persecution, sparking rebellion. Joining the rebels could land Rick on a prison ship, in slave-irons --- or atop the same gallows where he watched his father hang.

The alternative looks no brighter. The status quo imperils Rick’s hard-won self-respect. Supporting tyranny would doom his dream to emulate the valiant swordswoman who braved a den of monsters to rescue the lonely, terrified nine-year-old boy he once was.

Rick can’t stay above the fray forever. He must either defend an aristocracy whose actions disgust him --- or risk everything he has.

This is the first book of The Talan Revolt. This book contains graphic violence and some explicit sex. It is intended for adults only.

 To me, this was a guy book, filled with fighting and violence, monsters and such. The story was good for a guy like me that likes action and violence. My wife would not like this type of book because she is more into the soft love story like books. The country is drifting more and more into slavery, the history of this book is great for someone like me who loves history. There is religious persecution which we see in our society today. Ricky grows up in a corrupt world and filled with evil. He chooses a path of decency and honor which is a good example to us now who are living in the same kind of world. The difference is we live in reality and this book is fantasy.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment