Friday, May 24, 2013

Mom's In Need

Thanks for the post from Sylvester Campbell

Mom needs me now more than she ever has. I worry about whether or not she’s going to get by without dad but she’s going to have to – this is uncharted territory for all of us and we’re all grieving since he died. Anyway, I moved her to a house closer to me and my family and got her all set up. I paid the moving company and went to electriccompaniesindallas.com to set up her utilities before she moved in and even talked to the post office about getting her address changed. My dad always did stuff like that when he was alive so I’m not sure she knows to even think about things like that. She’s been cooking a lot these last few months and I think that helps take her mind off the fact that dad’s not here anymore. I miss him and I know she does, too, but she doesn’t seem ready to talk about it yet and that’s okay. It was so sudden and I know right now she’s just trying to adjust to living alone without him and also learning to entertain herself without him around! He’d been retired for about five years and they had been having a grand old time exploring town and antiques markets and basically just living it up. Mom is a really strong woman and she’s got a good community around her here – her best friend is even talking about getting her into gardening! She always said she had a terrible black thumb but maybe finding a new hobby is exactly what she needs to get her mind off of real life and start making a new path for herself. My sister and I are here for her and she knows that – she’s just going to have to take it one day at a time until she figures out how to live now that dad’s gone. We’re all really going to miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment