Friday, February 28, 2014

Email Reply From Thomas J. Rooney-Member of Congress

Dear Mr. Coffie:
 
Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. It is good to hear from you on this issue.
 
I want to assure you that I will be vigilant in monitoring bills that may be harmful to the interests of law-abiding gun owners. I am a staunch proponent of the Second Amendment which clearly protects our individual right to keep and bear arms. I believe gun control policies fail to recognize that criminals, not guns, are the root cause of crime and violence in America. Therefore, I will work to support the rights of gun owners who use firearms responsibly, while working to punish those who break the law.
 
Please know I will keep your views in mind should any relevant legislation come before me for consideration.
 
Again, thank you for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to contact me again any time should you have any additional comments about this or any other legislative issue. Also, please visit my web site at www.rooney.house.gov for regular updates.
 
 
Sincerely,
Thomas J. Rooney
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment