Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CVS Plans To Stop Selling Cigarettes In Its Stores

CVS has decided to stop selling cigarettes in its stores. Tobacco is responsible for about 480,000 deaths a year in the U.S., according to the Food and Drug Administration, which gained the authority to regulate tobacco products in 2009. 

This is a good move for CVS, which could lose 2 billion dollars for the move. They are planning to focus more on healthcare. The plan is set to go in to place by October 2014.

I like the move. I shop CVS often and appreciate a company taking cigarettes off their shelves. My mother died from smoking cigarettes and I have a lot of family members who lives were also taken away from the habit.

Most of my friends who smoke, don't go to drug stores to buy cigarettes anyway. They buy at the gas station while buying gas, at Walmart while shopping and other types of convenient stores. 

I won't put a picture of cigarettes in this article because I don't support cigarette companies or the products they produce. Yes, they have the right to do business, but I also have the right not to buy or advertise their products......

No comments:

Post a Comment