Sunday, September 1, 2013

Daddy Waddy Journal-The Importance Of The Stay At Home Father

I stepped into the lawyer's office expecting him to look down at me. We shook hands and he led me to his office. The topic came up over conversation, just like it always does. The lawyer asked me what I did for a living. I told him I was a stay at home father (for the past ten years) who worked a full-time job delivering pizza and am a in the stands beer vendor as a second job. My wife is Filipino and senior accountant for Mosaic. She does not drive, so I drive her to work and the kids to school. I run a blog during the day and pick everybody up when they need me. I do most of the grocery shopping and as much housework as possible. The lawyer looked at me and told me I was lucky. He also told me that I have the most important job in the world. He was actually jealous of my life choice and my sacrifice for my family.

I was stunned. I have been searching my heart for years, hoping I have made the correct decision. I finally realized that the most important job in this life was to be a good father to my children and a good husband to my wife. My job is also to teach my children about God and to try to be the best example to them as possible. God has taught me the importance of the stay at home father.

What interests me is I am conservative and the lawyer is actually more on the liberal side. He told me that children who have a mother and a father in their lives, have a much better chance to succeed in this world. I am more concerned about their relationships with God and their happiness. Success is great, but eternal life with God is more important to me.

I must let you know that I am far from being the perfect father and husband. I get grumpy and tired from my tough schedule sometimes. I fail under the pressure and stress of this life. I often have to fall on to my knees and ask God to help me. I do my best and God helps me with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment