Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin Pie From Scratch

My wife bought a pie pumpkin for my kids school pumpkin carving fun. The problem was the first pumpkin filled with mold 12 hours after my daughter carved it. I decided to try to make a pumpkin pie with the other one and bought my son a different carving pumpkin. I wanted to make the pie low in fat because I am on a special diet.

ingredients
pie pumpkin, boiled it and cut out the pumpkin, used my Blend-tec to mix it up and put it in the refrigerator overnight
2 cans of fat free condensed milk
teaspoon of vanilla
two frozen pie crusts because I hate making pie crust
1 over full cup of sugar
4 eggs
pumpkin pie spice-4 to 5 teaspoons

I mixed all the ingredients in the Blend-Tec except (of course) the pie crust. You can remove the egg yolks to take out more fat if you want. I set the oven to 425, poured the mix in two deep pie crusts, cooked for 15 minutes, lowered the oven to 350 and cooked for another 30 minutes or so. I watched the pies and stuck toothpicks in the pies to make sure they were done. Took the pies out and used fat free whipped cream on the pies. My kids came home from school and told me my pie tasted just like real pumpkin pie. This was fun and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment