Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I HAVE COME TO YOU FOR REFUGE! A Message From Bob Stacy

We live in a very dangerous period in our nation's history. People are fearful of being assaulted in a store parking lot, parents are afraid to allow their children to play in their own yards unsupervised, women are afraid to walk on a city street in the nighttime, police officers live in fear for their lives, school children are not allowed to walk to school and even worshipers wonder if someone might suddenly begin to fire upon them. How sad it is -- what has happened to our country in the past generation! We who lived before the past 25-50 years, remember that it was so different then!
I am grateful daily that I may confidently say, "Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to You for refuge" (Psalm 16:1). "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble, so we will not fear. . . ." (Psalm 46:1, 2). And so I have decided that I will not live in fear. I will not allow myself to be shackled by the chains which men would place upon me. I will not, because I trust in Him to be my refuge. I may run, but I will run to Him. And even if man may take my life, he will never take my soul, my spirit, for that belongs to God and will return to Him no matter what man may do to me.
I urge you to place Your trust, Your hope, in Him who cares for you. I urge you to live each day to the fullest, not in fear, but in Him who will protect you and hold you securely in His everlasting arms. Run to Him for refuge, for He has promised, "'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' That is why we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5b, 6)
Bob Stacy Was my preaching professor in college back in the 1980's, he taught me a lot about life and a lot about God

No comments:

Post a Comment