Monday, April 28, 2014

The Thief

I hang here
For the things I have done
A thief
Good to no one

You hang beside me
Nailed to a cross
A savior
For all who are lost

I look at you
Love and sadness touch your eyes
I looked at the crowd
And began to cry

I am guilty
You, a sacrificial lamb
Dying for the sins
Of the entire land

I feel unworthy,
But I had to talk to you
You die for the world
I want to be with you

I turned my head
I looked at you
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom"
That was the moment I believed in You

You looked back at me
And made me right
"I tell you the truth,
 Today you will be with me in Paradise."

The tears they flowed
I watched you die
You gave your spirit
With one last cry

My sins were gone
My soul was true
My last memory was of a new life
When I died on that tree beside you

No comments:

Post a Comment