Monday, April 28, 2014

Lightload Towels Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Information about the Lightload Towels Company.

For years the founder George "Wideload" (trail moniker) Wheeler has been an avid long distance hiker.  In 1999 he completed the 2160-mile Appalachian Trail (A.T.).  The year after, he hiked the 540 miles of Virginia to West Virginia on the A.T all over again.  It was an incredible experience repeated. It was in on his '99 Thru hike that he got the idea for Lightload Towels
Finally just this past year "Wideload"  hiked the 270-mile Long Trail in Vermont from the Canadian border to the Mass-Vermont border. It's the oldest long distance hiking trail and was conceived on Stratton Mountain, Vermont the same place that the Appalachian Trail was given birth to some years later. This also was very magical and he hopes one day to redo the adventure.
He also spent about eight years living in Asia. There he had the opportunity to lead hikes in Taiwan and do hikes in Nepal, Pakistan and China. During this time he learned how to speak Chinese.
Another fondness he has is camping.  He has spent time in many of America's national forests including the Ochoco (Oregon), Davy Crockett (Texas), San Francisco (New Mexico), Willamette (Oregon), Piedmont (Alabama), Desoto (Mississippi), Allegheny (Pennsylvania) Green Mountain (Vermont) and many others. 
I had the chance to check out the Lightload Towel. I thought this is an interesting towel when it came in the mail. I had to open it to see what it was all about. Okay, so this towel can fit in your back pocket. You open the package and it is in a little round like hockey ball. I pull it open into a full-sized towel. Then I see you can use this towel for many purposes. If you are on a trip or camping, you can use it to wipe off sweat from your face or clean up a mess. You can use it in the garage to clean your hands or most anything. The towel is inexpensive and it is pretty tough. I started gardening and this towel would be great to put on the ground, so I keep my knees from getting bruised or cut on the ground. I am impressed by this towel. This is so compact,but you could use it for anything you need a towel for. I can even see myself using it to clean off my hands while fishing. This is a cool idea.I might even use it as a pillow on our long trip from Florida to the Kentucky Derby later this week.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment