Sunday, January 19, 2014

Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast




An easy slow cooker recipe made with lean pork in a tangy balsamic sauce.

I love making pork in the slow cooker, it's so easy and literally falls apart once cooked. Here it's cooked with balsamic and honey which gives it a slight tang that I thought was lovely.

Whenever I happen to see a small pork roast in the supermarket, I always pick one up because I know it's an easy dinner. I usually find myself gravitating to the Slow Cooker Kalua Pork each and every time because it's so good and easy to make, but I wanted to switch things up and came across a slow cooker recipe for this balsamic pork recipe on Add A Pinch.

I met Robin just a few months ago while I was in Oregon so I was happy to try one of her recipes. This was so easy to make, and although my husband generally isn't much of a balsamic fan, my toddler and I thought it was great! This recipe is slightly modified from her original but for the most part I followed it pretty close.

I served this with Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes but this would also be great with Roasted Parmesan Green Beans.


Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Size: 3 oz pork • Old Points: 5 • Weight Watcher Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 214 • Fat: 12 g • Carb: 4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 21 g • Sugar: 3 g
Sodium: 196 mg  • Cholest: 72 mg


Ingredients:

  • 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
  • kosher salt, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey


Directions:



Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker. Mix together the broth and vinegar and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.



Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker and ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment