Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thought of The Day: Are You Lonely?

Many people in this world are lonely. They drown their sorrows in alcohol, take sleeping pills and often end their lives. I'm sure all of us have felt some sort of loneliness. It is natural for us to want to be around people. You don't even have to talk to those people, as long as they are around. The problem isn't loneliness, the real problem is we are losing our spirituality in this country. We are losing our faith in God.

When is the last time you picked up the Bible and read it? The Bible tells us that God is always with us. He watches everything we do. He is in the room with you right now. We just have to have the faith to believe in Him. Many of us are spending all of our time with electronics. I love television and movies, many people love Facebook and others can't live without their cell phones.

I had to wake up and  take a look at reality this past year. I was sick all last year, they found cancer in my kidney and they had to cut 5 percent of my right kidney off. I was sent home too early and spent Thanksgiving in the ICU. An artery in my kidney was bleeding and I had to have emergency surgery. If I didn't make it to the hospital Thanksgiving morning, I would not be here today.

I realized God was telling me something. I have not done enough in my life. He wanted me to stay here for awhile because there was work for me to do. My faith was weak and I decided it was time to spend more time with God. I got one of those Bibles you can read in a year and I began reading. I also prayed to God, asking him to give me his faith because my faith was too weak.

Are you lonely? Bring your troubles to God and He will comfort you. The alcohol or pill bottle are just temporary relief. When they wear out, reality sets in. All of us need God, but many of us don't realize it. My life is getting better. I am slowly healing from the surgeries. I am spending more time in the Bible and I am trying to trust in God. Join me and let's let God take some of the stress out of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment