Thursday, February 28, 2013

Are You Addicted To Cigarettes?

My mom smoked two packs of cigarettes a day. She died from lung cancer when she was 49 years old. This broke my heart, losing a loved one at such a young age. I have never smoked cigarettes because of all the pain my mom went through. My sister is 49 years old and she is a cigarette smoker. She swore she would never smoke, picked up a pack and has been smoking since. She tells me how hard it is for her to quit smoking. Even though she was there when my mom dealt with cancer. She saw all of the pain my mom went through. My sister believes she will also die as a young woman. The problem is she has children and grandchildren who count on her being around.

My sister has a cigarette addiction and she would love to quit. She quit a couple of times, only to find herself picking up another pack and smoking again. I hope my sister quits smoking before it is too late. There are many programs out there that claim to work. Some of them do, but only for a select few. My sister needs a program that will help her quit smoking and give her a reason never to pick another pack of cigarettes up again. If this is you, it is time you think about quitting. If you think it is impossible, think again. Do it for your family and for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment