Monday, July 14, 2014

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Review

I am glad I didn’t watch Anchorman 2 at my local AMC. If I did, I would have likely walked out. Yes, Will Ferrell wrote the movie, but Anchorman 2 really blew. You would have thought having so many high paid stars in a movie, it would be a great movie. That’s not always true. Look at some of the names of actors/ actresses in the movie or showing up in cameo style.
Will Ferrell
Steve Carell
Paul Rudd
David Koechner
Christina Applegate
Kristin Wiig
Meagan Good
James Marsden
Vince Vaughn
Sacha Baron Cohen
Kirsten Dunst
Will Smith
Fred Willard
Drake
Green Day
Harrison Ford
Jim Carrey
Tina Fey
Liam Neeson
Kanye West

There are more names, but these are the ones that jumped out at me. I’m not saying the movie didn’t make me laugh. I laughed at many of the stupid jokes. My wife walked away and went upstairs. She didn’t understand the jokes and just thought the movie was dumb. I agree it was dumb and a waste of time at the same time. I kept watching the show, hoping it just started out slow. The movie was slow at the beginning, in the middle, straight through to the end.

I know Anchorman 2 is a comedy. I know Will Ferrell is a comedian. I know the jokes were meant to be stupid, but they went beyond stupid. The only thing I got from the movie was that 24 Hr news shows like CNN are useless because they show every little piece of useless news on the face of the earth. In this movie Bergundy was trying to give the people what they wanted as news. The way Will Ferrell did it was why the movie blew. He was much more annoying, than he was funny.

Will Ferrell and his friends did not come across to me as funny. They came across as dumb and stupid. Not actors, but clowns. The experts on Rotten Tomatoes gave Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues a 75% rating, normal people give the movie 55%. The problem here, is you have to subtract those who were smoking dope and those who had one two many drinks before they put in their ratings.

The movie was about an anchorman who loves himself and does what he wants to do. His family means nothing to him, success is everything. They throw in a bunch of dumb jokes, mixed in too many stars and thought that was enough for people like me to like this movie. The funniest thing in the movie was a little dog who agrees with me. Ron Burgundy is an idiot as far as the furry little creature believes. I got that humor. It made sense.

I hope this is the last Anchorman. I can’t take anymore. Why did I watch it. Redbox sent me a BOGO and I couldn’t find another movie. So this was my mistake. If you haven’t watched Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, think twice. I am not kidding you. It really blew. If you find you have to watch it (for some reason), pick up a six pack, you are going to need it. After four or five beers, you might get the weak humor.Then again, the beer may not even help.

No comments:

Post a Comment