Prep Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Servings: 6
- 4 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (8 oz)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves. Salt, if desired
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalks snap easily. Wash asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- In small bowl, gradually stir broth into cornstarch. Stir in onions and basil. Stir cornstarch mixture into chicken mixture. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Calories-320, Calories from Fat-60, Total Fat-7g, Saturated Fat-2g, Trans Fat-0g, Cholesterol-50mg, Sodium-210mg, Total Carbohydrate-37g, Dietary Fiber-3g, Sugars-2g, Protein-27g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron-20%