Saturday, June 16, 2018

I Can Only Imagine DVD Review

I had the opportunity to review I Can Only Imagine DVD. My daughter and I were both excited to watch this movie.

Information about the movie:

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE 

Dennis Quaid and Trace Adkins star in this inspiring true story behind MercyMe’s beloved hit song. Running from a troubled home life and a broken relationship, Bart Millard (Finley) found escape in music. Hitting the road in a decrepit tour bus, Bart and his band MercyMe set out on an amazing journey none of them could have ever imagined, in this uplifting, music-filled movie that beautifully illustrates the power of forgiveness and God’s love. 
The home entertainment release of I Can Only Imagine features over 3 hours of extras including 7 deleted scenes, 7 in-depth featurettes, an audio commentary, and more! 

The #1 Inspirational Movie of the Year Comes Home on Digital on June 5 and Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD on June 12 
NASHVILLE, Tenn (April 30, 2018) – Experience the uplifting story that shares the power of forgiveness when I Can Only Imagine arrives on Digital June 5 and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand June 12 from Lionsgate and Provident Films. Directed by the Erwin Brothers (October Baby, Moms’ Night Out) and written for the screen by Jon Erwin & Brent McCorkle, the film tells the incredible true story behind Christian band MercyMe’s iconic, history-making song “I Can Only Imagine.” Starring in the film are up-and-coming Broadway star J. Michael Finley (“Les Miserables”) and Golden Globe® nominee Dennis Quaid (2011, Best Actor – Limited Series or Television Motion Picture, The Special Relationship; 2003, Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture, Far From Heaven), as well as Trace Adkins (The Lincoln Lawyer, Traded), Priscilla C. Shirer (War Room), Cloris Leachman (The Last Picture Show, Spanglish), and Madeline Carroll (Flipped). 

While watching this movie, I was reminded about my own childhood. My father was an angry alcoholic who beat up our mother and his children. I grew up an angry child who grew up into an angry adult. I became angrier when my mother died from cancer very young at 49 years old. I completely understood the interaction between Bart and his father. I lived that interaction with my father. Later in life, I faced up to this man (who was my monster as a child) so I could realize my father was only a human being who did really horrible things. I always hear how people found Christ and became Christians. I guess I was a little different. Christ found this hurt angry person and changed my life. That part of the movie really affected me. Bart was also very angry, until Christ changed him. The movie gave me a more complete understanding of the beautiful song, gave it even more meaning. #ICanOnlyImagine

Sadly, my father passed away last year. I forgave him, but I never had a true relationship with this man. There was no happy ending in our relationship. The best thing that came out our broken relationship was my relationship with Christ and how he led me in a different direction. I don't get drunk and I have a great relationship with my children. After my anger ended, my relationships are the way they were meant to be. That is what I also saw with Bart in this movie. Yes, he's a talented musician, but through Christ, he is a much better person and musician because he forgave his father and he is no longer angry. #FlyBy

This is a must watch, fantastic movie about forgiveness and love. We gave a copy of this movie to my daughter's friend, so she could share this with her family. BTW, this movie is also incredible on the Big Screen or as a huge group in your church.

No comments:

Post a Comment