Saturday, December 23, 2017

Carraba's Brandon, Florida Review

My family and I decided to try Carraba's in Brandon, FL yesterday for lunch. We got to the place and I noticed a very strong odor of spices as soon as we walked through the door. My wife noticed a much worse odor as she used the Lady's room. Lucky for me, the Men's room was clean and fresh.

The waiter was nice, he brought the four of us two baskets of delicious warm bread twice. He was busy, but he tried to make sure our trip was good.

I ordered the chicken parmesan sandwich, with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers as a side. The chicken parm was dry, so I asked for a side of sauce and dipped the sandwich into the sauce. This fixed the problem. The tomatoes and cucumbers were good, but there were actually too many cherry tomatoes. I am not sure how anybody could have eaten that many cherry tomatoes, there had to be at least twenty five.

My son ordered the meatball sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes. He liked the sandwich, even though it was dry because he doesn't like too much sauce. My son had no complaints about his food.

My daughter ordered chicken carraba, which was supposed to be chicken alfredo. There were a ton of delicious tasting noodles, but only four small pieces of chicken. There was actually enough noodles that my son and I had to help my daughter finish them. I believe there had to be a pound of noodles on that plate, amazing.

My wife had seafood pasta. She had the right amount of noodles and seafood. I tried a shrimp, it was large and tasty. The meal also had mussels and scallops. My wife loved her meal.

If you go to Carraba's in Brandon, FL, make sure you order the more expensive dishes, they seem to be made better and are of better quality. The sandwiches were dry and my daughter's dish was lacking enough chicken. Lesson Learned. If I had to give the restaurant an overall grade, they would only receive a C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment