Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Going Westen At The High School Reunion

Our theme for our 25th high school reunion was western. I needed to get my stuff together in a snap because I heard about the reunion at the last minute. I purchased everything I needed except for the Collar Tips. I couldn't find them locally, so I did a search online. I found a great place to buy them and my choices were numerous. I opted for a pair with gold cowboy hats and they arrived in the mail within a week.

The reunion was fun and the theme was interesting. I believe my western clothing was the best of the lot of my old classmates. I believe it was the collar tips that made my outfit perfect. It was fun to talk to old friends I went to high school with and hadn't seen for years. Most of them were in good health and were doing well in life. Sadly, a couple of our friends had passed and we actually had a moment of peace for them.

I am not a dancer, but it was fun doing the country dances with old friends. It was much better than the square dances we were forced to do in elementary school many years ago. Back then, I hated to do dances I knew nothing about. During our HS reunion, it was different. It was fun to dance and joke around with old friends. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was because I am a middle-aged man who does not get embarrassed anymore. It was a fun reunion and the theme was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment